Thursday, September 3, 2009

23!

Just shy of three weeks away. I admit it - I am nervous, but it's an excited nervous, tinged with just a hint of scared. Not scared to get married, but scared something is going to go awry.

I finished up the flowers last night, and they look amazing, if I do say so myself. I kept them simple and having pre-made bouquets as a base helped immensely. My bouquet is blue hydrangeas, and the maids have ivory hydrangeas. I love the contrast of the blue on my ivory gown, and the ivory on their blue dresses.

I called to reserve the 24 rental vases for my centerpieces, and almost had a heart attack when I was told they only had 6. Luckily, there were plenty of a larger size, so now I don't have to trim down my flowers - bonus! The centerpieces are 9" glass cylinder vases, with a spray of bluebonnets anchored in blue and white glass stones, surrounded by three blue glass votives. So simple, yet so elegant. Total cost? About $5 per centerpiece.

Speaking of bargains, I was looking for a wedding-themed zip up hoodie to wear on Saturday morning while I get my hair done. I don't want to wear anything I have to take off over my head and run the risk of undoing my 'do. As I looked online, I couldn't find anything under $40. Seriously? For a sweatshirt?

I went to a craft store and found a rhinestone iron-on for $1, then I found a hoodie for $6. For that price, I went ahead and bought a few more iron-on transfers, and I'll make myself a few tank tops to wear on our honeymoon. People seem to be nicer to you when they realize you're a newlywed.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, as we have nothing wedding-related planned. I've had a great time planning and coordinating and organizing this shindig, but I think I could use a brief mental break.

2 comments:

Krys72599 said...

I can't wait to see pictures of it all!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't want white flowers, I want blue. Change it.

And for dinner I want a hamburger...no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake

H.

(aka - M.O.H-zilla)